
Here's a picture of us girls at the swap meet. We arrived early -- like 6 am -- to get in some good shopping. We spent several hours browsing and spending money. This was the first stop of our very long, very adventurous day!
Shanna & I went out to Pearl Harbor on Tuesday afternoon. We spent several hours touring the museums, seeing a film, and having some snacks. I had one of the best hot dogs I've ever eaten at the snack shop. (I'm all about the food!)
Being out at the memorial was a humbling, sad experience. There was such reverence there. It was quite disconcerting to think that something so awful and devastating happened in such a peaceful, beautiful place. It was a special experience to be there -- glad we went.

Wednesday was a BIG day for us! We drove around in the convertible all day, and saw almost the entire Hawaiian coast. We stopped at the Dole Plantation to tour the grounds and grab a snack. It was so cool to see all the varieties of pineapples! I had a BBQ kalua pork sandwich; the sauce was made with pineapples and the sandwich was topped with crushed pineapple. Sounds weird, but it was really delicious!

Last night, after meetings, we went to the beach for several hours. I got some practice snorkeling in preparation for our trip to Haunama Bay tomorrow. The water was cold and a bit murky, but it was fun. Then we laid on the beach while I dried off. And acted like silly, junior high girls. At one point, I got dared to take off my clothes and leave my snorkel on for a sexy picture. Never one to back down from a dare, I got creative about how I could make it look like I was "sans clothes" without actually scaring all the beachgoers away. More pictures to come ... stay tuned!

1 comment:
Seriously? Hawaii? Man, I'm jealous. Aren't you bummed you didn't start a blog earlier to show off all your travels? :-)
Post a Comment