Sunday, January 4, 2009

OLD Homesteads in Arizona

As part of our fancy trip to Arizona for Rylee's birthday, we spent an evening in Mesa. I hadn't been back to Mesa since we moved to Idaho, just after my 8th birthday. 30 years was long enough! So I called Mom & Dad to get our home addresses so I could pay a little visit.

I went to the house on Brown Road first, next to the Dargers. We lived there until the new high school went up behind us.

From there, we drove around the corner to the second house on Highland.


To say the least, neither of the houses were anything like I remembered. In fact, if I hadn't double-checked the addresses with Dad, I might have thought I was in the wrong place, especially at the Highland house. I remember a big palm tree (now gone) and a big tree in the backyard (also gone). And yellow columns out front (now white and partially removed).

It was great to take a trip down memory lane ... even though I didn't recognize the places!

1 comment: