We celebrated Christmas early this year. So the kids could enjoy their gifts for a few days before we headed to Idaho. So Santa came to our house on December 23rd! 
It was a very nice holiday for us ...
Rylee got some yummy bath sets from Grandma and Grandpa. Rory got her some travel body spray for her basketball road trips. And Baylee got her some squishy black house slippers. She also got a movie, some clothes, some shoes and a new makeup set from me.
Rory got an Adidas travel kit from Grandma & Grandpa, including some great manly body spray. Baylee got him a Dark Knight poster and a game. Rylee got him a Bob Marley tshirt. He also got a movie, a game, new pajama pants and a few new outfits.
Baylee got a bath set and a game from Grandma and Grandpa. Rory got her some cute earrings and a poster for her room. Rylee got her a High School Musical 3 DVD game. She also got My Little Ponies, a few new Littlest Pet Shop animals, 2 new Barbies, a kitty calendar and a new jacket for school.
We were very blessed this year ... all year long ...
I am especially grateful for all of my family this year. Tolerating my busy work schedule and supporting me and the kids has been such a great relief. I have been so blessed to have a wonderful job that challenges me, a family that loves me, and a beautiful place to live.
Mom and Dad surprised me with a trip to Utah to drop off their Christmas gifts on Rylee's birthday. Several large boxes with my name on them found their way under the tree. Mom went way above and beyond with her talents to make me a gorgeous bag and apron. But the most touching gift from Mom & Dad is my new, old typewriter.
I have an old Underwood typewriter that I bought in an auction at the Blue Mule with them several years ago, just shortly after we got back from Mississippi. I have loved it and displayed it in my living room since it became mine. Without all of the dirty details included, I was heartbroken when it got very damaged in my transition to getting divorced. I've left it in the living room .. a daily reminder of how blessed I am to be a strong, independent, competent, single mom. And a reminder of how tough times have helped me to grow.
I think that it's been difficult in many ways to move forward ... this gift is just one small way for me to pack away an old memory and replace it with a new one. Thanks mom and dad!

1 comment:
I knew you loved the damaged typewriter . . . I was so upset about that when you told me. So when we saw an even older, better model we knew we had to get it. I'm so thrilled it meant so much to you. We're so proud of you and how strong you have been through all your struggles. We love you so much.
Post a Comment